Significant bodies of research have confirmed that employee happiness is more likely to drive organisational success and as this article points out “job satisfaction is not only a sound business decision, but also an ethical and moral one”.
So how do you know if your employees are happy and fully engaged in your organisation? Here are six questions that can help you find out.
- Is there anything that you need from the organisation to be more successful in your role?
- Is there anything you need from me (as your leader), or anything that I could be doing differently to be helpful to you?
- Is there anything that you find unclear in your role? or any clarity or direction that I can help you with.
- Do you have a vision for how this role will help you get to achieve your goals? Do you have anything you want to discuss or brainstorm together?
- Do you find anything in your role aggravating or troublesome? Is there anything you would like to work on that you are not currently doing?
- Is there someone within the team with whom you are experiencing challenges. Is anyone a little difficult to work with right now?
By focusing on these six you are seeking clarity on Organisational Support, Leader Support, Role Clarity, Career Clarity, Task Conflict and Team Conflict. By seeking clarity you can work together to ensure your employees know that you have their back and best interests at heart.
Build an atmosphere of trust and confidentiality that builds actions for them and they in turn will be more invested in the success of the company.
Read more here: